CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sadest of News to Share . . .

Those of you who know I helped my parents a few years ago care for an elderly man named, Jerry. At that time Jerry was 93 years old and had been given a few weeks to live in June 2005.

Needless to say when I came to California in August 2005 - I never expected that I would leave November 2006 and he would still be alive!

My 'little man' as I referred to him as lived a good life, had the opportunity to travel all over the world, received a letter for his work from former President Jimmy Carter, and although he never had any children of his own he unofficially adopted my Dad in 1996.

My parents were able to care for him 24-hours a day in the comfort of his own home for nearly five years. He was often visited by members of the community who knew him and had daily visits with his cats. Momma Kitty passed away in 2006, however, his loyal friend Gangeous was by his side to the very end.

Jerry passed away January 21st, 2009 at 5:45 am in his home located in Paso Robles, California. His remains will be sent to Scipio, Montana where he will be reunited with his Father.


No comments: