CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

1 coffee mug
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional, but I highly recommended it!)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in the milk, and oil and mix well.
Add chocolate ships and vanilla and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and ti[p it out on a plate to eat.

I know this sounds weird, but I had to try it - I did not use the chocolate chips and found that the cake was rather plain with little to no taste. I was hoping to use this idea as a great neighborhood gift, however, I decided that it was not such a tasty treat and was not going to subject my friends to such a test. :P

No comments: