CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cokeville, Wyoming



Micah and I made a trip to Cokeville, Wyoming today.

A gentleman that Micah taught during his mission was having a benefit dinner. Alan was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and the whole town came together to hold a dinner and auction on his behalf.

During Micah's mission he met Ida and Alan Beck in Cokeville, WY - they were local farmers. Micah tells the story so much better than I do, but I will do my best to recap the details I can recall. Micah and his companion Elder Meyers came to the Beck home and began to talk with Alan; during their visits Alan decided to take the missionary dicussions, quit smoking and even placed an unfinished pack of cigarettes in the cabinet. I can remeber getting a letter from Micah during his mission telling about Brother Beck and how much he enjoyed teaching him.

What an amazing experiencewe had while we were in WY; Micah and I both grew up in a small town in California, however, this town is something special. In 2000, there were 506 people, 166 households, and 125 families residing in the town - I found this fact on Wikipedia!

Micah has thought the benefit was being held at the church and to our surprise when we pulled in there was no one there, so Micah decided to drive through town - all four streets and we came across something happening at the high school. The parking lot was full, kids outside playing in the front lawn and people standing in line to get in. Micah and I found that we are in fact in the right place and let me tell you - people noticed that we did not belong!

No comments: