CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Hill AFB Museum









This week I had to go one a field trip to a place of my choice for my American Civilization course. Have I ever mentioned that I dislike history!?!? I know the great importance of it, and I there are portions that I do enjoy, however, trying to remember the date of every important events in our history is NOT something that I enjoy trying to learn. Anyways, I choice the Hill AFB Museum since it is close to our home, Micah has begged to go nearly every time we drive by, and it is the only place I could think of when I was put on the spot to give an answer!

The first four photos are the inside of this HUGE plan in the exhibit that lets you see how the pilot was able to get in to fly and then where the second person was able to sit and shoot the machine gun. Cramped quarters FOR SURE - Micah mentioned something to the effect of 'back in those days people never messed with the machine men!' Well duh! They were forced to be over grown men in the fettle position for who knows how many hours.

Check it out sometime - they are open Monday through Sunday from 9am to 4pm.





2 comments:

JErb said...

Awesome!

We went to Andrews AFB earlier this year for an air show. They had a ton of planes out to see, different shows (Thunderbirds, Golden Knights), and even an F-22 Raptor demonstration.

I love airplanes =)

Anonymous said...

try Mormon History . there is more than enough of it right near you there....