CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yard Sale - July 18th



So here is the scope! I have decided that I have too much stuff and it has become overwhelming to me . . . . . . so in order not to have to worry about things have to fit into there spot - I will just simplify by getting rid of the stuff that I have too much of!

First off, my scrap booking stuff! OH MY HECK!! I started going through it and it took me two days, I even had a neighbor come over who went through some and was able to find some things she wanted for her kids and I still have three totes of stuff to sell. Those boxes are not even pictures above with the rest of the stuf for my yard sale! ARRGH!

I still have plenty left over that I DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT need anymore stuff for a while anyways!



Here is a quick picture snap showing the progress I have made . . . the right is the pile going into the yard sale and then off to DI what doesn't sell. To the left are the few boxes that I am keeping because I have enough boxes to go through and sort. These boxes are mostly sheets, blankets, Micah's firefighting and mission stuff. ( Yes from his mission; you know things like his SHOES - not only did he bring home the UGLIEST ties, but e also brought home his dirty shoes! Yes, he saved his shoes!)

I am still trying to decide if I am going to sell my cedar chest; Micah had a friend back home redo the whole outside and I do love it, but I have NO WHERE in my house where it fits! I have also had that thing with me for the last 15-20 years!



Last, but no least! If anyone has ever seen my basement or knows me well enough to know - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas decorations! I had five of these large totes FULL of stuff - snowmen, Christmas tress stuff, Christmas wrapping paper, two boxes of lights for the inside and the outside. I even had three Christmas trees - 1 7.5 feet tall and 2 - 6ft tall. Did I mention it was all brand new! Anyways I took most of Friday going through those five totes and the other countless boxes I had of Christmas stuff and only kept what I use every year and matches my house! The end result three totes; #1 of just lights for the house and tree, #2 decorations I use for the house and the #3 is my box of winter items - anything snowflake related! And ONLY ONE Christmas tree . . . .

This week . . . . . I plan to clean out the upstairs of our house. Anything that has not been used or seen in the last SIX MONTHS is going out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you want to do all of that????? Maybe you should go thru it again this week.....Ken