CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Just Another Sunday Afternoon

In attempts to make up for the late supper last night I made French toast this morning. Soon after, the boys(Sam, Chaze and Micah) went to church while I stayed home in attempts to complete three weeks of homework that I am behind (and is all due by August 17th). Did I mention I was placed in the wrong class and once I was able to figure that out I was confused with the reading material and assignments – Only to find I was given the wrong book also!?!?!? I was able to complete a handful of assignments and ‘googled’ the few questions I was unable to find in my “wrong” book.

The afternoon was great!! We were all able to have a chance to relax, snack and watch Friday Night Lights, Radio, and Remember the Titans. I don’t know what it is, but I just love movies about Football. I am still looking for Invincible and We are Marshall to add to me existing collection.

While dinner was finishing up cooking inside the four of us went outside to enjoy the nice weather. And did I mention that Chaze and Sam filled up some water balloons to through at the little kids in the neighborhood!?!? Every summer we have our share of water balloon fights and I thought it would a fun time for the older boys to have started some fun and safe mischief.

I am surprised everyday at the interaction these older boys have with the kids of the neighborhood. I cannot walk out the door, or pull up in an empty car without one of the neighborhood kids asking me “Where is Chaze and Sam? When will they be home?” or my favorite “Can Chaze and Sam come out to play or ride bikes?” Sam and Chaze are never too cool or too busy to toss a football around or ride bikes with them up and down the cul-de-sac. They are excellent role-models to these young boys; they explain the importance’s of taking turns, how to be a good team player, and giving endless amounts of support to help build these little guys (and the little girls) self esteem.

Micah and I are both so grateful to have these young men in our life and look forward to watching them to continue making such great progress in their own lives.

No comments: