CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lovin the Yard work!


Left: Is the whisk barrel beside the drive way. That is some kind of Japanese plant that has flowers that look like bells. And to fill the space some pink and purple petunias.
Right: This is the whisk barrel coming up the stairs to my front door. My mom send me some flower seeds that were mixed in a baggy so I planted them and waiting with anticipation to see what comes. In the meantime I planted some verbena in there also to add some color.


Left: My mom picked out this creeping ground color and is has the cutest little flowers. They are growing in my whisky barrel that looks like a pumping well. She also mixed in some small yellow panies to look like it is flowing with "water". I know water is not yellow but I really wanted some yellow flowers in that front flower bed.
Right: This is just a portion of the flower bed int he front of the house along the drive way. I have a buring bush, slavia and some shurb that blooms some yellow flowers. The gerber daisy is MY FAVORITE this was another gift from my mom and dad during their last visit.


Left: Micah and I planted this Quake Aspen last year. It was the tinest thing ever ($5.00 at Home Depot) and this year it has doubled in size.
Right: This is the whisky barrel that looks like a pumping well. I think this small flower bed is a nice additional to our home - When then builder built the house I am not sure what they were thinking by leaving a 4 x 12 secetion between the stairs and the house.


Left: My bicycle from my mom and dad last spring. I love love LOVE this yard decoration. Unfortualty the plants surrounding it cover up the petals that are also flower pot holders.
Middle: A picture of my salvia that have like quadtrupled in size since we planted them three years ago. We have white ones also that are even bigger then these. All summer long I spend a full day just trying to cut them back and keep them looking nice.
Right: My newest project! Micah cleaned out our back flower bed that runs along the back yard and our neighbors property line. Over the last three years the grass from their yard had taken over. So we have cleaned it out and are collecting rocks to create a second level for additional planting to come.

Tanya's Theory on Yard work!
I know it is such a silly thing to blog about, but I can not even begin to explain the excitement I have when the snow has melted away and the once deathly looking shrubs begin to turn green and bring color to my yard!

I am a complete "yard Nazi" when it comes to the yard! I love everything to grown in a nice direction; that includes the trees growing straight up and down - none of this leaning to the right - leaning to the left nonsense! I also like there to be a pattern when I am planting in the flowerbeds; such as I have alternating saliva's in purple and white. I noticed that I have a bare spot and it means I need another saliva! So rather then buying one pink one to add another color I told Micah that I need TWO PINK ones to balance it out. Therefore, I would have one at the beginning and one at the end! (That will be my project NEXT YEAR!) My other yard request is that Micah cut the grass diagonally, and of course Micah has to tell me how healthy it is to cut the grass in a different pattern each time. I of course think he is just telling me stories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are places that yellow water falls exisit....Madona Inn has a water fall to get rid of yellow water....

The Snow Queen said...

It all looks so pretty. I love the bucket with the water spicket on the top. I think Sam (or any kid for that matter) would be so lucky to live with you two.