CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Camping Trip!





Meet Braxton, Jared, Tregan, Kylie and Melissa; these are the neighbors who thought it would be a great idea to go camping - with Micah and I. Silly neighbors camping is not for city folk!

So as I mentioned Micah and I decided to go camping with our neighbors. Micah packed the truck Friday night with anything you could possibly need for a camping trip.

Tent- check
Bed (OK so it was a blow up bed) and bedding - check
Food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks - check
Clothes after a day you tend to smell less then friendly - check
Supplies such as; toilet paper, cooking equipment, bug be gone juice, and etc.

The truck was completely loaded and there was no extra room! If did forget something did I mention we were 4.9 miles from town?!?!?!?

Saturday afternoon Micah dropped me off to sit with Roma and he was going to met up with the Redington family and set up camp. At 8:00 o'clock Micah came to pick me up and take me back up to our camping site.

During our drive up it began to rain. I again asked Micah for reassurance that it was not going to rain. After all, I had his handy tandy phone in my hand showing rain and thunder & lighting for the forecast. " No, No, No it is not going to rain. We are going into a canyon and the rain will just skip right over us!"

When we pulled up I was greeted by my little friends Kylie and Braxton who were already looking as if they had been camping that whole week. They were determined to share with me every detail of our new adveture . . . first stop - the Outhouse!

I must say Micah and Jared put in a lot of wrk to make this place tip-top! I was amazliing surprised that the outhouse was not to scarey - still there was a small part of me wondering what lives down there!

It was after 9:00 o'clock when I showed up, however, what I was able to see what beautiful! The area they cleared away was breath taking, the sound of the nearby river was memorizing. I was looking forward to the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave Micah a detailed weather report before you'all left. Soooo not too much sympathy. ken